Not able to start Weston dependent application
deepan muthusamy
2018-10-31 07:21:03 UTC
I started app1(this is a UI application) as system service .
I started app2( this is Weston ) also as system service. But in different
tty(tty7).

App1 is depended on app2 to start.
I added that dependency.

App2 is started but app1 not able to find that dependency. Iam getting
error as not able to find weston.

If I start both manually, it's working fine.
Lennart Poettering
2018-10-31 09:09:48 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
Hi,
I started app1(this is a UI application) as system service .
I started app2( this is Weston ) also as system service. But in different
tty(tty7).
App1 is depended on app2 to start.
I added that dependency.
App2 is started but app1 not able to find that dependency. Iam getting
error as not able to find weston.
If I start both manually, it's working fine.
Does app2 have the right Type= set so that systemd actually knows when
the service is properly started up?

Lennart
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat
Jérémy Rosen
2018-10-31 08:15:42 UTC
Did you add an "After=" too ? you need both  a Requires= and an After=
Did you activate any security feature that might hide the wayland socket
from app2 ?
Post by deepan muthusamy
Hi,
I started app1(this is a UI application) as system service .
I started app2( this is Weston ) also as system service. But in
different tty(tty7).
App1 is depended on app2 to start.
I added that dependency.
App2 is started but app1 not able to find that dependency. Iam getting
error as not able to find weston.
If I start both manually, it's working fine.

20 rue des Jardins
92600 AsniÚres-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email ***@smile.fr <mailto:***@smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planÚte, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire