Weston making system slow
deepan muthusamy
2018-11-30 04:11:54 UTC
I have Weston without notify enabled, with this Weston my UI application
performance is fast.

But I changed to Weston with notify, because I have to start as system
service. I followed the procedure provided by you guys only.
Now my UI application performance has reduced means application gets
slow.responding very slow.
Is Weston with notify lead to any performance degradation?
Pekka Paalanen
2018-11-30 08:29:42 UTC
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 09:41:54 +0530
Post by deepan muthusamy
I have Weston without notify enabled, with this Weston my UI application
performance is fast.
But I changed to Weston with notify, because I have to start as system
service. I followed the procedure provided by you guys only.
Now my UI application performance has reduced means application gets
slow.responding very slow.
Is Weston with notify lead to any performance degradation?
No, it should not have any effect.

I cannot imagine how using the systemd-notify plugin could ever affect
Weston's runtime performance after start-up. You need to profile and
debug it yourself.

Thanks,
pq